Shaping our Digital Future in Europe: Diplomatic, Economic and Security Perspectives on Digital Transformation
On the occasion of the visit of the College of Europe professors and students to International Geneva, the Geneva Internet Platform and the College of Europe, with the support of the Republic and Canton of Geneva, will organise a seminar on 'Shaping our digital future in Europe: Diplomatic, economic and security perspectives on digital transformation'.
The themes of discussion will include EU’s Digital Single Market, start-up economy, privacy and data protection, and global digital diplomacy. After initial remarks by the panelists, the debate will aim to outline the main challenges and opportunities that digital transformation brings to us individually, to the organisations we work for, and to European societies in general.
The seminar will take place on 21 March 2017, between 14.00 and 16.00 CET.
- Mr Olivier Coutau, Delegate for International Geneva, Republic and State of Geneva
- Ambassador Olaph Terribile, Permanent Representative of Malta to the United Nations – Geneva
- Mr Philipp Metzger, Director General of the Swiss Federal Office of Communications
- Ms Megan Richards, Principal Adviser, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology, European Commission
- Mr Antonio Gambardella, Director of FONGIT, Geneva's hi-tech business incubator
- Ambassador Thomas Hajnoczi, Permanent Representative of Austria to the United Nations – Geneva
- Dr Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation and Head of Geneva Internet Platform
The seminar will take place at DiploFoundation, WMO building, 7 bis Avenue de la Paix, Geneva.
Contact us for more information.